Aziz Mentor - UK
A seasoned Chairman with particular expertise in the media industry. Clive is an experienced chairman in both the private and public sector, with a long career at CEO level in the British media industry. He also offers profound knowledge of the charitable sector and the arts scene in Britain.
- change management
- team building and decision making
- press and public affairs
- government relations and regulatory affairs
Following an early career in newspaper journalism, Clive went on to hold senior posts in Broadcasting for more than 30 years. He was Chief Executive of Central Television then subsequently Managing Director of the ITV Network. Clive led Carlton into the merger with Granada to create ITV plc. His final executive role in ITV was as Non-Executive Chairman of GMTV.
Since stepping back from full-time Corporate life, Clive enjoys his various roles as Chairman of:
- 2 x ITV Pension funds (£5bn+)
- Provenance Pictures
- Sightsavers (3rd biggest charity in the UK)
- Runnymede Trust
- National Theatre Wales
He brings to all this his experience as former chairman of the Disasters Emergency Committee, the umbrella organisation that unites the UK’s fourteen biggest aid agencies.
promotion of equality and fairness
“Sir Christopher Bland and Greg Dyke – both knew how to build management teams and empower their executives to make decisions and do their jobs.”
“I have worked both formally and informally as a mentor to many different people throughout my braodcast career.”
Awards and recognition
- Gold Medal of the Royal Television Society
- CBE for services to broadcasting
- Knighthood for services to humanitarian crises
- Honorary doctorate of London Metropolitan University
- Honorary visiting professor to Cardiff University