Aziz Mentor - UK
B2B and B2C savvy CTO with considerable mentoring experience. Matthew is a B2B and B2C savvy CTO with deep experience in real-time. high availability Cloud based systems, offering extremely responsive SaaS based platforms built using service orientated approaches. With an open and inclusive style, he often mentors CTOs, keen to share the knowledge he has amassed over 23 years.
- digital transformation
- product and technology strategy
- M&A and DD
- global business operation
- preparing for series A, B and C investment rounds
Matthew’s career started as a developer, though he was soon reporting up to Board level on all aspects of technology and product. He was equally as confident being involved in the detailed development, architectural decisions and execution. Throughout his career, Matthew has managed onshore, nearshore, offshore development and hybrid distributed teams in the UK, Europe, Sweden, Denmark, United States (East and West Coast), Australia, India & China.
Matthew wanted to get involved in multiple businesses and solve difficult strategic problems. He now works on an interim and advisory basis for various companies:
- Technical Adviser, Bridgepoint
- Interim CTO, Pureprint Group
- Interim Technical Director, IDG
- Interim CTO and NED, Park Technology
- Interim CTO/Technical Advisor, Archant
- Interim CTO/Technical Advisor, Ed’s Easy Diner
- Interim CTO, Bauer Xcel
Matthew often mentors CTOs in a connected, or standalone engagement. The funds he has worked alongside and continue to work with include: Business Growth Fund (BGF), Bridgepoint, Beringea, Livingbridge, Vitruvian Partners, Notion Capital, Octopus, The Observatory International and Silver Falcon.
“Stuart Waite from when I worked with him at Grey Interactive (he was CTO). I like his style & approach, as well as his ability to be a thought leader in a number of different areas. He’s not afraid to be different and create start ups from scratch to tackle a new areas that’s not been tried before.”
CTO – DeepCrawl
CTO – Phoebus Software
CTO and CPO – AccessPay
CTO – Park Technology
CTO – Glofox
CTO – SuperCarers (pro bono)
CTO – IdioPlatform (pro bono)
- Agile, Scrum, Lean, Waterfall, RUP
- Architecture, QA, Infrastructure, Servers, Hosting SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Platforms, E-commerce, CRM, CMS, Mobile, Big Data, Contracts, Open Source, LAMP, Microsoft, Salesforce, Cloud, CDN, AWS, Azure, .NET.
- BSc Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence – Birmingham University
London and surrounding counties