Aziz Mentor - UK
An accomplished and inspirational leader with global experience of omni-channel retail businesses. June is an innovative visionary with natural product intuition, sharp commercial savvy and obsessive customer focus. Acknowledged as an inspirational leader who institutes a relentless commitment to professional execution, she delivers successful outcomes for businesses and individuals with a sense of esprit de corps and a high level of personal integrity.
- change management
- leadership and team effectiveness
- strategic sourcing
- strategic negotiations
- international development
- strategic brand management
- brand repositioning and re-branding
- market share optimisation
With over 30 years’ experience in the fashion industry, June has worked for two FTSE 100 companies over the span of her corporate career.
June succeeded to demonstrate powerful collaborative work at senior Board level for 20 years, latterly as Executive Director of Womenswear, Accessories and Beauty (£750m) at House of Fraser (£1.4b). She brings experience serving as Board Director for both PLC and private ownership and is highly adept in collaborating with international brands from luxury to high street.
As a Board member of the British Fashion Council for three years, June was influential and benefited from working with many of the leading figures in the industry.
In 2010, she established her company June Lawlor Associates LTD as a retail strategic support office. Working primarily as an independent advisor, she engages trusted associates and consults predominantly high-end retailers and brands from luxury to high street in London, New York and Europe.
June enjoys roles as an independent consultant, a NED and a mentor to growing businesses, young talents and academic institutions.
Her portfolio includes:
- COWEN GROUP NYC – UK market intelligence support to New York based senior equity luxury retailing analyst
- CALVERTONE BRANDS – Senior Advisor to CEO. Review/proposal on brand exit strategy
- DONEGER GROUP NYC – Senior Advisor to Chairman, re-positioning
- FENWICK – Senior Advisor to Mark Fenwick, Chairman, brand optimisation
- HOUSE OF FRASER – Brand specialist support to legal director for copyright KARSTADT GROUP/KADEWE GERMANY – Senior advisor reporting to CEO, setting up an international brand team and portfolio. For the last six months June has acted as Interim CEO for total business (€48)
- MONNIER FERES PARIS – Advisor UK Market Intelligence
- N.PEAL LONDON/NYC – Senior Advisor to Owner and MD. Initial strategy support, market positioning exercise, re-branding exercise
- PAUL COSTELLOE LONDON – Advisor to Paul Costelloe, brand recoverY
- QUARTO ADVISORS LTD LONDON – Lead consultant
- ROYAL COLLECTION ENTERPRISES LTD LONDON – NED four years
- SISTER JANE LONDON – Mentor to Founder/MD
- TRACEY NEULS LONDON – Mentor to Founder
- WHITE CANVAS EVENTS LONDON – Mentor to Founder on start-up strategy
“The biggest influence of my career was Sir Ralph Halpen, CEO Burton Group (Arcadia) and Founder of Topshop, for his vision, innovative techniques and winning and coaching culture.
The Queen is the person I most admire, for her unwavering, relentless commitment to serve and flawless discipline of herself and all who represent her.”
- THE ROYAL COLLECTION TRUST – mentoring retail outside of non-executive responsibilities, mentored the retail director for four years
- N.PEAL – mentors senior members of the team as part of a seven years collaboration advising the brand owner
- SISTER JANE (young fashion brand) – mentoring the founder and M.D for one year
- Mentoring/supporting two young family members with family-owned UK retail groups
- Ongoing commitment to mentor 3 young Buying & merchandising talents per year with the Elevator Mentoring Programme (in memory of Don McCarthy CBE)
- UAL – runs final year students’ ‘Getting Industry Ready’ mentoring programme
Memberships and recognition
- Board member of the British Fashion Council (2007-2010)
- FRSA (Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts 2009)
- Fellow UAL (2019)
- Supports charities outside of her industry – offering her knowledge to improve the outcomes and individuals involved