Aziz Mentor - UK
A highly successful HR professional with a wealth of knowledge across the banking and finance industry. Jacqueline brings many years of experience of delivering new executive teams, operating models and workforce profiles against uncertain political and economic backdrops. She has worked with executives in high profile roles with government or media interest and demanding situations.
- competitive people strategy
- re-structure, start-up, close down
- diversity and culture change
- board effectiveness and confidence
- CSR and reputation management
- international learning academies
- HR Transformation and HCM systems
- executive development and succession planning
- talent acquisition and employer branding
Jacqueline was the founding HR Director of the UK’s newest regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority. She delivered three CEOs, a new executive team, replaced 70% of the top 100, delivered a new operating model and workforce profile; hired 4000 people with skills in data science, behavioural economics and conduct risk. She also led the development of an award-winning Academy and the creation of the MSc in Financial Regulation; a world first.
Previously, Jacqueline was MD at Barclays, leading their global talent and resourcing agenda across 26 countries. She held lead talent positions at Lloyds Banking Group and RBS during the integrations of HBOS and ABN AMRO. Jacqueline also led a re-structure of HSBC’s UK retail bank, updating the branch network and integrating the back office of multiple brands.
Jacqueline advises Boards/executive teams on strategic talent and culture turnarounds, including personal support for CEOs/Chairs on high-profile appointments or board effectiveness, strategic capability and diversity. This work has included:
- supporting a high-profile Board on the selection of their global President
- advising the Russian government on mentoring for their national insurer and Moscow City
- advising a new CEO of a FTSE 250 insurer on how to build their global SLT effectiveness, then supporting the team in the development of a firm-wide culture and performance plan
- developing a leadership game plan for a high street food franchise to thrive in an increasingly regulated and disrupted market
- a strategic review for a leading business school on how they might re-orientate their operating model and product range to thrive in a rapidly changing education market
- working with a leading professional services firm to radically re-think their diversity strategy
“Big thinkers like Will hutton, Joe Garner and Anthony Jenkins for how banking could be different and Lesley Titcomb at the FCA taught me how to work with public enquiry.”
“I have formally mentored senior executives and CEOs who are new to role to support their transition on promotion or exit.
Recently I introduced mentoring into the Russian governement.
Having been the Chair of the Guild of HR Professionals, I also work with them on a pro-bono basis to prepare HR executives for their first CPO role.”
Memberships and Awards
Jacqueline was awarded Freedom of the City of London, fellowship of the RSA and the Queens Award for her early work on organisational learning.
She was Chair of the UK’s National Skills Academy for Financial Services where she established a new, sector wide Board to inform the Government’s skills task-force.
Jacqueline was also Master of the Guild of HR Professionals.