Aziz Mentor - UK
An experienced Board-level leader in property, construction and the professional service sectors. David believes successful organisations need a clear, well communicated strategy followed by brilliant execution through people, process, technology and project/change management. His leadership legacy reflects his ability to operate across that full spectrum, personally and through his teams. He offers a blend of senior client-side experience alongside consulting methodologies and professional experience.
- business transformation
- functional depth marketing/customer experience
- organisational development
- major systems implementation
- M&A and integration
- strategy development and execution
- sector depth property/construction
David spent 13 years in consulting working with a range of blue-chip clients. At Deloitte he developed a significant systems implementation experience operating in an international environment. He gained sales and marketing insight as well as experience of buying and selling an SME when he MD of Billets Marketing Services. David then spent 13 years in client-side leadership with a range of property and construction businesses.
David’s various UK and Executive Board experience includes:
- merger integration (with Keepmoat and Taylor Wimpey, a £4b turnover business)
- M&A leading the successful Brixton integration with SEGRO
- running a £2b industrial construction portfolio, including JVs, with substantial involvement in complex debt for equity swap (Keepmoat)
- leading a major business improvement programme across all functions (Linden)
- functional client-side depth (McCarthy & Stone)
- developed strategy for the new CEO (Construction Board for Wates)
David started his portfolio career in April 2019.
He intends to use his wide range of experience and perspectives, backed by his deep consulting track-record, to demonstrate his exceptional problem-solving skills and support businesses to improve performance. He offers experience of delivering M&A activity including focusing on merger execution. He is also a functional expert in sales, marketing and customer service with a proven track-record of delivering major growth.
He is currently working with the CEO of a construction plc to develop his well-received turnaround strategy.
” I love the ability to help people develop their skills and results. My unusual experience means I am well placed to deliver strongly.”
quality family time
good food and company
- Ed Shirley (Gillette, P&G and Chairman of Bacardi) for drive and decisiveness
- Ian Sutcliffe (now Countryside CEO) for clarity of thought and inspiration
- David Owen (Deloitte Consulting UK MD) for ability to simplify and communicate
“At SEGRO I had 4 direct reports with significant performance challenges. All were seen as near-term leavers. Through mentoring they were turned around and delivered oustanding results. Whilst coaching is very different to mentoring, my coaching skills (trained at Deloitte) have helped to improve my mentoring capabilites.”
The South East
The South Midlands