Why work with an executive mentor?
Executives tend to seek a mentor when they are looking for:
- a successful role model to follow
- a sounding board
- a source of much greater experience
Executive mentoring often deals with the broader backdrop of your life and career and focuses on imparting wisdom in using your skills. Unlike executive coaching which focuses on imparting skills or changing behaviour. It can help you work toward goals that are both immediate and long-range, including goals that stretch well into the future. Compared to an executive coach, your mentor may meet with you less frequently, but mentoring sessions are normally longer and more far-ranging than coaching sessions.
75% of executives point to mentoring playing a key role in their careers – Source ASTD
Functional expertise Aziz Mentors share
Our cadre consists of a prestigious group of mentors, all of whom have successfully led large global functional teams and sat at the top table of multinational, global organisations. They might still be in a role or recently retired and enjoying a varied portfolio career. Functional experts as well as corporate captains, these mentors now make time in their busy portfolio careers to share their wisdom, experience and insight via personalised mentoring programmes.
Mentors provide confidential situation specific advice and counsel. They will:
- suggest different practical approaches
- clarify thinking
- help navigate corporate politics
- challenge your ‘route to goal’
- prepare for challenges
- help deal with change and ambiguity
- envision and help shape an organisation
- be an effective sounding board
Executive mentors deal with issues such as:
- professional development
- critical life transitions
- personal growth
- career satisfaction
- creating executive presence
- preparing for your next promotion
- becoming comfortable in a new role
- keeping life in balance
- gaining greater leadership mastery
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01962 774 766.