Executive Coach - UK
After working for 19 years in financial services, latterly as a senior executive in a FTSE 100 company, Richard became a full-time executive coach in 2003, specialising in leadership development work with individuals and teams. He typically works with senior executives in a wide range of industries. He works around the UK and overseas and is equally at home working face to face or on the phone. His challenging style is particularly effective in supporting the development of management and leadership skills of senior clients.
Richard coaches clients in a range of areas. In particular:
- Challenging leaders’ style to develop more effective approaches.
- First 100 days impact maximisation, particularly for senior and Ex Co roles.
- Coaching leaders, especially in multicultural organisations, to develop their understanding of organisational complexities and enhance their influencing skills.
- Coaching leaders with “imposter syndrome” and supporting them to develop self-confidence.
- Supporting leaders through challenging transitions such as mergers, downsizing and market shifts.
Breadth of Experience
He is happy working in cross-cultural contexts and has recently worked in countries including Equatorial Guinea, France, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Norway, Saudi Arabia and the US.
Some of Richard’s recent assignments include:
- Director of Change, retail banking – coaching to develop her influencing skills as she transitioned into her new role.
- CTO, global transport – coaching to develop the most effective strategies for transitioning into his new Ex Co role.
- Senior lawyer, global bank – enhancing her leadership skills.
- Newly appointed MD, global engineering – optimising his internal and external relationships as he develops his role.
- COO, FTSE 100 financial company – building on strengths to maximise effectiveness.
- CEO, property – developing the skills to lead rapid growth.
- Senior engineer, oil major – challenging him to develop crosscultural team working with multiple nationalities in 3 continents.
Richard is also a qualified coach supervisor.
Richard has presented original research at the Oxford Brookes University Coaching Conference and contributes to a variety of other publications such as Assessment Matters, a journal of the British Psychological Society.
Style and coaching approach
Richard believes that all his clients have the ability to develop and uses coaching to support them as they improve their self-awareness and devise new more effective strategies. He has an empathic style which allows him to challenge robustly and give feedback to enable rapid progress.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- MA in Coaching and Mentoring Practice (Merit)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring Supervision (Distinction)
- Accredited Master Executive Coach (Association for Coaching)
- Non-Executive Director Post-Graduate Diploma
- Chartered Fellow, Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment
- BSc (Hons)