Executive Maternity Coach - UK
Helen is an EMCA Professional Certified Coach with more than 10 years’ experience in front line professional services, primarily within M&A. Helen began her coaching career with one of the Big Four, focusing on key populations including maternity leavers/returners, senior people leaders and new senior hires.
Clients say Helen’s greatest strength is her ability to challenge beliefs and remove internal resistance. Her strong instinct means she knows when to offer support but also when to challenge her clients to succeed.
Helen portfolio of work and areas of interest include:
• New Mums and Dads before, during and after maternity leave, helping them to determine their professional direction at this critical life stage
• Senior executives and managers who are looking for support as they realise their full potential
Helen’s clients tend to be experiencing a period of change in their professional direction or focus, usually against the backdrop of a complex political setting. This is commonly coupled with a sense of doubt around their abilities. It follows that much of Helen’s coaching tends to be around supporting clients as they ask “what next”, working with them to define and achieve their professional goals.
Before coaching, Helen enjoyed more than 10 years’ experience in financial services, focusing on large scale M&A transactions and corporate strategy engagements both in the UK and globally. She also spent a year with the UK’s most prominent business lobbying group, The Confederation of British Industry (CBI), during which time she working with CEOs and politicians at the highest levels to promote and protect the interests of British business.
Today, Helen continues to combine her passion for coaching with an active professional services role, enabling her to stay mindful to the current business environment when supporting her clients.
Breadth of Experience
Helen’s client list consists of senior executives and high potential individuals primarily within professional service firms, financial institutions and corporates. Her recent cases have included:
• Second time Mum holding a senior role within a large corporate struggling to balance work and family life and feeling a lack of professional fulfilment and direction
• Father to be at a professional services firm wanting to “reset the rulebook” around how to get promotion whilst committing to be a hands on Dad at home
• Senior woman in a top tier investment bank feeling undervalued and overlooked. This client was questioning the nature of the remaining 5-10 years of her career and needed support to take ownership of her professional direction.
Style and coaching approach
Helen supports and challenges her clients to achieve their potential in a caring but professional and business-focused way. She is naturally inclined to the positive in people and believes that the individual almost always knows the “answer” – with careful listening and questioning in a safe environment they will find it. Helen is also a pragmatist at heart and believes the ability to challenge and occasionally offer suggestions makes the coaching more effective and the next steps more practical.
Qualifications and Accreditations
• Coach Practitioner (EQA) – undertaking with The Performance Coach
• Accredited by EMCC
• KPMG Advanced Coaching Course
• 1st Class Degree in English, University of Leicester