The idea for a compact one day Influencing & Impact programme was developed following the success of our popular two day Strategic Influencing & Personal Impact (SIPI) workshop. Many HR and talent development professionals were keen to find out more about the power of SIPI. Others wanted to improve their own skills in this area but couldn’t commit to a two-day workshop. This Masterclass is exclusive to HR professional and is one of a series of Masterclasses we run for various functional experts.
Seven HR managers, L & D managers and Business Partners from different types and sizes of organisation arrived at our Winchester training facilities with varying expectations. With a range of experiences, the common reason for attending was to improve their own strategic influencing skills. Our challenge was to create a cohesive learning environment for this group whilst providing a framework of theory along with practical tips that would be relevant and useful for everyone.
“Both consultants provided a professional insight which I am very excited about taking forward.”
Elizabeth Theobald – Head of Human Resources Overseas Development Institute
With over 30 years’ experience between them, our senior consultants, Helga and Alison are leading specialists in the field of communication skills, strategic influencing and personal impact. They have an intensive yet structured and pragmatic approach to achieving effective executive influencing in a wide range of demanding business situations. This content-packed day included modelling different influencing styles, practice bases sessions and individual feedback. Being away from the office with other HR specialists was a welcome opportunity to network with like-minded individuals.
” I particularly enjoyed the opportunity to meet peers from different sectors.
We covered a lot of material in a short period.”
Human Resources Director
Christie & Co
- Enhanced influencing effectiveness and personal impact skills within formal and informal situations
- The necessary skills to create buy-in amongst partners, suppliers, customers and shareholders
- An understanding of the impact of different approaches to influencing and how to convey a chosen message to a diverse range of audiences
- Heightened empathy to engage and establish rapport with an audience and win support from others
- Accurate interpretation of others’ influencing styles
- An understanding of the power of effective timing, the use of positive language and how to use body language and gestures to best effect
“I think the course is great for providing tools that can be applied the next day whilst at the same time provoking thoughts around personal impact that are longer term.”
Director of Talent and Development at London Heathrow
“It was really powerful to practice the skills and receive feedback”
Gosia Klocek – Change Manager Rexam plc
“I love your consultants’ energy and passion for the subject – very engaging”
HR Business Partner Global Modular Building Company