The idea for a compact one day influencing & Impact programme was developed following the success of our popular two day Strategic Influencing & Personal Impact (SIPI) workshop. Many HR and talent development professionals were keen to find out more about the power of SIPI. Others wanted to improve their own skills in this area but couldn’t commit to a two-day workshop. This Masterclass is exclusive to HR professionals and is one of a series of Masterclasses we run for various functional experts.
Nine HR managers, L&D managers and Business Partners from different types and sizes of organisation arrived at our London venue with varying expectations. With a range of experiences, the common reason for attending was to improve their own strategic influencing skills. Our challenge was to create a cohesive learning environment for this group whilst providing a framework of theory along with practical ‘take away’ tips that would be relevant and useful for everyone.
“Very good. Pacey, engaging and practical” – Dawn Bingham – Head of Organisation Effectiveness Gowling WLG
Our Aziz Consultant, Helga is a leading specialist in the field of communication skills, strategic influencing and personal impact. She has an intensive yet structured and pragmatic approach to achieving effective executive influencing in a wide range of demanding business situations. This content-packed day included modelling different influencing styles, practice based sessions and individual feedback. Being away from the office with other HR specialists was a welcome opportunity to network with like-minded individuals.
Helga Aziz Coach
Specialist – Communication skills, Strategic influencing & Personal Impact
“Helga’s delivery was engaging, clear and really made me think about my own style and how to improve. She is approachable, helpful and clearly knowledgeable.” – Susan Baird HR Business Partner, Nationwide Building Society
“Helga was excellent at engaging the group, actively encouraged questions and took the time to ensure that the programme met individual as well as group goals.” – Sarah Burdett Executive Director, Mitsubishio UFG Securities
“Seemed to be able to adapt to our needs/queries with ease while still covering a lot of information.” – Paula Stillman Senior HR Manager, Oxera Consulting LLP
- Enhanced influencing effectiveness and personal impact skills within informal situations
- The necessary skills to create buy-in amongst partners, suppliers, customers and shareholders
- An understanding of the impact of different approaches to influencing and how to convey a chosen message to a diverse range of audiences
- heightened empathy to engage and establish rapport and win support from others
- Accurate interpretation of others’ influencing styles
- An understanding of the power of effective timing, the use of positive language and how to use body language and gestures to best effort